If you speak with an experienced trucking accident lawyer Little Rock, AR clients trust, you may discover that there are numerous large commercial vehicles on the highways in Arkansas. While most truck drivers are safe and responsible in operating their vehicles and hauling cargo, there are unfortunately quite a few others whose behavior behind the wheel leads to accidents.
Were you or someone you love injured in an accident with a large commercial vehicle? If so, you shouldn’t try to make your case and find out if you have a claim by yourself. Consulting with a trucking accident lawyer Little Rock, AR locals prefer about your options can help you answer any questions and take important steps toward recovering what you’ve lost.
The Most Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
Accidents do happen, but the reality is that most accidents involving trucks and large commercial vehicles are not inevitable. When you consult with a trucking accident lawyer Little Rock, AR victims recommend, it’s important that you familiarize yourself with the most common reasons these kinds of accidents occur. Attorneys who deal with truck accidents often see the following contributing factors:
- Driver fatigue. Driving while sleep-deprived or exhausted is extremely dangerous, and unfortunately, many trucking company employees operate on difficult and unrealistic schedules. Because their focus and reaction time are impaired, truck drivers’ fatigue all too often leads to accidents.
- Distracted driving. Multitasking removes a driver’s focus from the road, and it’s common that truck drivers use their cell phones, fill out paperwork, or be preoccupied with a GPS while driving. Trying to fulfill other responsibilities while driving can certainly lead them to cause accidents.
- Driving while under the influence. Your trucking accident lawyer in Little Rock, AR may often encounter truck drivers who cause collisions because of being impaired by drugs such as amphetamines that keep them going.
- Overloaded cargo. A large commercial vehicle is challenging enough to operate; when the trucking company chooses to overload the cargo area of a truck, its balance can be thrown off, making the trip a precarious one and accidents all the more likely.
Compensation You Can Seek
Figuring out who exactly can be held liable for the collision can be a challenge, and the kind for which you want to have a capable trucking accident lawyer Little Rock, AR residents know can help. While there are often many different parties who can be held liable, there are also usually a few distinctive damages for which your lawyer can seek compensation. These tend to include one or more of the following:
- Pain and suffering;
- Past and anticipated future medical expenses;
- Emotional distress; and
- In the case of wrongful death, loss of companionship or funeral expenses.
Contact a Little Rock Trucking Accident Lawyer Today
Whether it was you or a loved one who was injured in a truck accident, you shouldn’t have to continue to suffer the consequences of someone else’s careless driving. The results of trucking accidents can be devastating, and you deserve legal counsel who cares about you and your recovery. When you’re ready to discuss your case with a trucking accident lawyer Little Rock, AR residents look to for help, give Harrelson Law Firm a call at (501) 374-2210.