Steve Harrelson is licensed to practice law in Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana, and his practice areas include catastrophic injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice. Steve practices throughout the three state region in state and federal courts. In addition to litigating complex issues inside the courtroom, Steve is also experienced in private negotiations, mediations, and seeking remedies at the administrative level.
While Steve enjoys many areas of the legal arena, his passion is preparing for and engaging in the trial by jury. Steve believes in the constitutional right to trial by jury and is willing to protect and preserve this concept on which the American tort system is founded.
In addition to his law practice, Steve served a stint in the state legislature in Arkansas from 2005 through 2012. He served as House Majority Leader and chaired the House Judiciary Committee before serving in the Arkansas Senate. Steve is very familiar with the inner workings of state government and earned a certificate from Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government in 2008 for Executives in State and Local Government.
– – – – –
Q&A: Why did you become a lawyer?
Steve Harrelson: I chose law with the intent to bring justice to a broken world, to vindicate the rights of the weak, vulnerable and oppressed, and to confirm that justice is blind, ensuring equality to all people. To me, the law is a calling because I approach it as a way of serving others.
- Divorce and Child Custody
- Medical Malpractice
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Personal/Catastrophic Injury
- Wrongful Death.
Admitted to bar in:
- Arkansas, 2000;
- Texas, 2002;
- Louisiana, 2003 (Bar Examiner, 2015-);
- Federal District Courts:
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, 2000;
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2002;
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana, 2003;
- United States Courts of Appeal:
- 5th Circuit (2014);
- 8th Circuit (2015);
- United States Supreme Court, 2008.
- Member, Arkansas Senate, 2010-2012;
- Arkansas House of Representatives, 2005—2010 (Majority Leader, 2006-2010; Chairman, House Judiciary Committee, 2009-2010);
- Texarkana Bar Association Attorney of the Year, 2007;
- Recognized as a top rated personal injury attorney by SuperLawyers®;
- Board of Directors, Opportunities, Inc. (2004-).
- Pulaski County Bar Association;
- Texarkana Bar Association (Attorney of the Year, 2007);
- Arkansas Bar Association;
- Louisiana State Bar Association (Bar Examiner, 2015-);
- State Bar of Texas;
- American Bar Association;
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Directors, 2016-);
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association;
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association;
- American Association for Justice (Board of Governors of Young Lawyers Division, 2001-2003); and
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association.
Free Case Evaluation[contact-form-7 id=”4″ title=”Free Case Evaluation”]
April 11, 2017 Attorney Steven Harrelson is humble to say the least. Not only is he a great attorney, he was the House Majority Leader, former Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee and former Arkansas Senator. I was involved in a child custody case and Steven did more than expected to make sure I retained sole custody of my daughter.
April 3, 2017 Was in a bad car accident, out of work for six months. Mr. Harrelson helped me get compensated for my injuries and helped me get my life back on track.
January 12, 2017 Steve lways responded to every email, text, and phone call I made to him. In our two court appearances, he was overprepared, and he was great on his feet. I would recommend this lawyer to anyone in need.
December 17, 2016 When we first sat down with Steve, he helped us create a plan, and he stuck with the plan until the case was over. He sent us updates and called when something important came up. We are glad we hired him and will again if the need ever arises.
December 13, 2016 Steve did a great job for our son on his case. He kept us informed, stayed on top of the case, and he went above and beyond. We heard he was the go to lawyer, and we are glad that we hired him.
December 6, 2016 Steve handled my insurance claim for injury for me, and this lawyer cares. He put the pressure on and kept it on until the case settled. I will hire him again if I ever need to.
November 25, 2016 I call Steve anytime I am in need of a lawyer. He always calls me back, takes on my case, and he does a great job. He has represented me twice, and I have been pleased both times. I highly recommend him.
November 11, 2016 Steve got on my case right after I hired him and did not let up until we got it settled. He worked hard, and I was glad to have him on my side.
February 10, 2014 Steve gave me his best thoughts on my case and his ability to win for me in a court of law. He listened to my suggestions and my questions and offered answers in a concise and clear manner. I was almost always successful in reaching him by phone or fax to discuss legal areas that I did not understand. Steve was patient, compassionate and competent. In the court room he was effective and articulate in explaining my case to the jurors. Under cross examination of the state’s witnesses, he was particularly good in getting the answers that he needed. I was happy with the outcome and with his handling of my case.