If you were injured in a truck accident, you may want to make an appointment with Steve Harrelson, a trucking accident lawyer Little Rock respects. He has represented people in situations similar to yours and may be able to help you get justice.
At our law firm, we believe that injured accident victims should have trusted legal counsel when they want to file a personal injury claim. Here’s just a brief look at what a commercial trucking accident claim might entail.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are less common than car accidents, but the size and weight of a truck increases the likelihood of severe injuries in people. Some common causes of truck accidents include:
- Poor Truck Maintenance: Just like any other car, a truck must be properly maintained throughout the year. If a trucking company fails to maintains its vehicles and an accident occurs, they could be held legally responsible.
- Fatigue: Driving for several hours at a time can take its toll on some truck drivers. Truck drivers who have not taken enough breaks may get very tired and fall asleep behind the wheel. It is important for truck driver to get plenty of rest every day to avoid accidents.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is another common cause of truck accidents a trucking accident lawyer Little Rock counts on could see. If a truck driver texts, talks on the phone, or does another activity while behind the wheel, he or she will not have his or her entire focus on the road.
- Speeding: To make their deliveries on time, some truck drivers speed on the road. Unfortunately, driving too fast can put others on the road in danger.
- Overloading: Trucks are designed to carry only so much weight. If a truck is overloaded with cargo, it can lead to tire blowouts and other issues that cause accidents.
What Determines the Value of a Truck Accident Claim?
If you are thinking about filing a truck accident lawsuit, you might be wondering how much your claim is worth. This can depend on many different factors, including:
- Lost wages
- Cost of medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical care
A qualified trucking accident lawyer Little Rock trusts may give you a dollar amount value after fully investigating your claim.
Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer in Little Rock
If you hire a skilled Little Rock trucking accident lawyer, like Steve Harrelson, to take your truck accident claim, you may be able to collect fair compensation for all that you have suffered. He has superb negotiating skills and is ready to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Your initial consultation with Steve Harrelson, a trucking accident lawyer Little Rock relies on, is free, so you have nothing to lose by talking to him. After he evaluates your case, he may recommend the best course of action to take.
Do not wait to speak to a lawyer about your case. If you are searching for a trucking accident lawyer Little Rock offers, contact Harrelson Law Firm at (501) 374-2210.