Wrongful Death Lawyer Little Rock, AR
One wrongful act can change your live and those around you forever, as a wrongful death lawyer Little Rock, AR trusts could attest. Coping with the loss of a loved one is an incredibly difficult proposition, and it is compounded when someone else’s negligent conduct caused the death. Depending upon the circumstances and timeframe, you may have the right to hire a wrongful death lawyer Little Rock, AR can provide and receive the closure and financial compensation that you and your family are needing (and are entitled to) during this painful and difficult time.
Wrongful Death Laws in Arkansas
Arkansas has a section of statutes that govern the wrongful death process. Steve Harrelson, an experienced veteran litigator in the area of wrongful death claims in Arkansas, Texas, and Louisiana, has been involved in many claims involving the untimely death of a victim of negligence. In these scenarios, in order to maximize the compensation to a family, it is necessary to set up a standard or special administration of the decedent’s estate in order to have “standing” to bring a claim against the person or company responsible. A trusted friend or family member can help the attorney manage the probate of the estate simultaneously while vigorously pursuing the wrongful death claim.
In order to successfully navigate the complex claims and litigation process, it’s necessary to hire a personable and accessible wrongful death lawyer Little Rock, AR residents trust. Steve Harrelson has the knowledge to lead you through this difficult time. One characteristic that sets him apart from others is his need to get out of the office, research every single fact available, and investigate the claim personally and with the help of his legal team. Steve finds it necessary to spend time with the family in their home to fully grasp the mental and emotional toll the death has taken on the family. It’s also crucial to understand that those family members who were dependent upon their lost loved one are entitled to a recovery for the wrongful death of their loved one.
Wrongful death claims can arise from a variety of situations, including:
- Surgical medical malpractice deaths
- Car accidents due to a drunk driver or distracted driver
- Trucking accidents where the truck driver was not in compliance with trucking regulations
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents at the hands of a negligent driver
- Pharmaceutical defect due to a wrongful prescription or defective medication
Wrongful Death Compensation
Arkansas, like Texas and Louisiana, allows for the heirs of their loved one to file a wrongful death lawsuit in the event the death was caused by the negligence of a person or company. Steve Harrelson, a wrongful death lawyer Little Rock, AR residents respect, says that in Arkansas, the most expedient and efficient way to accomplish this is to set up an estate to serve as the Plaintiff in the wrongful death claim. In that instance, a court will consider many factors when determining wrongful death compensation:
- The decedent’s loss of income and earning capacity
- The savings of the deceased
- Loss of companionship/loss of consortium
- Expenses incurred by loved ones for the costs of the last illness and funeral
- the degree to which the surviving heirs were dependent upon the decedent
Questions to Ask a Little Rock Wrongful Death Lawyer
During your initial consultation with a wrongful death lawyer Little Rock, AR residents trust, it may be important to ask the right questions to determine if he or she is the right person to represent you. Consider asking the following questions during your consultation:
- How many wrongful death cases have you handled in the past? Wrongful death laws are quite complicated, so it is critical to work with someone with knowledge and experience. As a trusted wrongful death lawyer in Little Rock, AR, Steve Harrelson has been practicing law for years.
- What are your results with previous wrongful death cases? Do not hesitate to ask a wrongful death lawyer Little Rock, AR residents count on about his or her track record. Find out how many wrongful death cases he or she has won in the past. If a lawyer has a history of reaching satisfactory settlements, he or she may be more likely to give you favorable results.
- How many cases are you working on right now? During your consultation, it may be wise to ask a wrongful death lawyer about his or her current caseload. If a wrongful death lawyer is currently handling a lot of cases, he or she may not have enough time to work on your case. You deserve to work with a lawyer who can give your case the attention it deserves.
- Do you think I have a strong case? A Little Rock wrongful death lawyer can’t promise any outcomes, be he or she may be able to tell you whether not you have a strong case. After reviewing all the different factors in your case, a wrongful death lawyer should be able to determine if it’s worth it for you to bring a lawsuit or not.
- Who will handle my case? Sometimes lawyers will pass off your case to someone else after speaking with you. You have a right to know who will be in charge of your case and how you can reach that person.
- What will be my role in this case? A wrongful death lawyer Little Rock, AR clients depend on may likely want you to be involved in your own case. For instance, he or she may expect you to gather certain evidence or contact witnesses. To improve your chances of a favorable settlement, be sure to listen to everything your wrongful death lawyer Little Rock, AR offers tells you to do.
You need the help of an experienced wrongful death lawyer Little Rock, AR trusts during this painful time. Call Steve Harrelson, our wrongful death lawyer, at the Harrelson Law Firm today at 501-476-3012 to discuss your options at no charge.