Steve Harrelson, a personal injury lawyer Little Rock, AR trusts from Harrelson Law Firm, may be able to help you obtain compensation for your personal injury. He has many years of experience in personal injury law and is ready to hear about your potential personal injury claim. If you’ve sustained a serious injury due to the negligence of another person or entity, you may be able to obtain substantial financial compensation for your pain and suffering.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case can arise when a person gets hurt because of someone else’s negligence. Personal injuries can result from several types of accidents, including medical malpractice, car accidents, and slip and fall accidents. A personal injury victim has the right to file a lawsuit to seek compensation for his or her injury. An experienced personal injury lawyer in Little Rock, AR may help a personal injury victim obtain the money he or she deserves.
Steps to Take After an Accident
Whether you suffered a personal injury from a slip and fall accident or car accident, you deserve to be compensated. However, in order for a personal injury lawyer in Little Rock, AR to help you obtain the compensation, you have to do some legwork first. Here are the steps you should take after getting hurt in an accident:
- Take photos of the accident scene. For example, if you were injured in a car accident, you may want to take photos of the damage to your vehicle and any skid marks on the road and then show them to your personal injury lawyer Little Rock, AR counts on.
- Ask for the names and contact information of witnesses who saw the accident. Your personal injury lawyer Little Rock, AR relies may ask these witnesses to testify on your behalf in the future.
- Seek medical attention. Whether you suffered minor bruising or a head injury, it is important to see a doctor right away. Before you leave, ask your doctor for copies of your medical records. If you don’t visit a doctor or provide copies of medical bills, the defendant’s insurance company may not believe you were truly hurt
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
If you suffered a personal injury, it may be in your best interest to file a claim as soon as possible with the help of a personal injury lawyer Little Rock, AR respects. This is because personal injury cases are given statutes of limitations. Some states may give you two years to file a claim while others may give you three. If you fail to file a lawsuit in time, you may not be able to receive compensation for your injuries.
What Damages Can You Win from a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
With the help of a skilled personal injury lawyer Little Rock, AR counts on, you may be able to recover compensation for several types of damages in your personal injury case.
- Medical Bills: Whether your personal injury required stitches or surgery, you may be able to recover compensation for all your medical bills. Be sure to give copies of your medical bills to your personal injury lawyer Little Rock, AR respects.
- Lost Income: If your personal injury has caused you to miss time from work, you may be compensated for your lost wages. You may also receive compensation if your injuries are severe enough to cause long-term disability that affects your job duties and/or doesn’t allow you to work.
- Pain and Suffering: Some personal injuries can lead to long-term physical or emotional suffering. Pain and suffering damages may be awarded in cases where intangible suffering — i.e., the losses that cannot be measured in a dollar amount — are substantial enough to warrant additional compensation.
- Future Medical Care: If your personal injury was severe enough, it may require future medical care, such as physical therapy. You may be able to receive compensation for future medical care as part of a settlement.
Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you wish to file a personal injury claim, you may want to consider hiring an experienced Little Rock personal injury lawyer, like Steve Harrelson from Harrelson Law Firm. He has helped many people who have been in similar situations and may make the entire process less stressful for you.
A personal injury case may get complicated, so it’s best to work with an experienced Little Rock personal injury lawyer, like Steve Harrelson. He has handled many personal injury cases in the past and truly cares about his clients’ best interests. Steve may work hard to ensure you receive the money you deserve for your injuries.
During your initial consultation, remember to bring every piece of evidence you have so far, such as medical bills and photos of the accident scene. Steve may carefully evaluate all the evidence you have and determine if it’s sufficient enough. If you don’t have enough evidence, Steve may help you acquire more.
Steve offers free initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose by setting up an appointment with him.
If you are still searching for a personal injury lawyer Little Rock, AR offers, contact Steve Harrelson at (501) 476-6072.