Little Rock Car Accident Lawyer
When you’re considering a Little Rock car accident lawyer after a collision, you may find an abundance of firms to choose from. However, not all are created equal. Some firms are considered to be generalized and others are specifically suited to a certain area of law. Harrelson Law Firm is one of Little Rock’s highly respected car accident law firms. With years of experience and a dedicated drive to get maximum compensation for clients, Harrelson Law Firm is ready to answer all of your questions during a complimentary consultation.
What Are Some Tips for Finding the Right Car Accident Lawyer in Little Rock?
Due to statute of limitations, which varies by state, it’s prudent to speak with a Little Rock car accident lawyer as soon as possible. However, hiring the first lawyer you come across is not always a good choice. To find the right lawyer, consider these tips:
Look for a Lawyer Who Handles Car Accident Claims
Not all lawyers understand the laws associated with car accidents or personal injury. For instance, some deal primarily with slip and falls or work-related injuries. When you choose your Little Rock car accident lawyer, you’ll want to make sure they have experience in handling these specific types of claims. By retaining a lawyer who is familiar with your claim, you may be able to get maximum compensation for your pain and suffering.
Consider the Lawyer’s Reputation
A lawyer’s reputation matters. Apart from word of mouth, you can do research on the internet to find out what others have to say. You may also read over previous successes on a lawyer’s website or speak with them during a free consultation.
Are they Dedicated to Your Case?
Although it’s standard protocol for a law firm to take on multiple cases at the same time, they should be able to manage all them without thinning out their focus on each one. You may also want to ensure your lawyer maintains the necessary communication so you know your claims’ status. A respectable Little Rock car accident lawyer, such as Harrelson Law Firm, remains dedicated to clients’ cases and may provide them with the support and legal guidance they’re looking for.
Gauge Your Comfort Level
When you initially speak with a lawyer, take time to evaluate your comfort level. For instance, were your questions answered? Did you feel like you were listened to? By taking this measure from the very beginning, you may be prevented from retaining a lawyer who might be better suited to other types of claims.
Get Free Legal Advice from Harrelson Law Firm
Harrelson Law Firm has built a solid reputation in the local community. We take pride in our ability to resolve complex claims and disputes in a timely manner while getting the results we’re looking for. Distinguished for legal excellence, Harrelson Law Firm is committed to fighting for the rights of the people. Acting as a legal voice for the victims of car accidents, we are prepared to explore every legal option to get justice. To find out how a Little Rock car accident lawyer like Harrelson Law Firm may be able to help you, please call for a free consultation.
Car Accident FAQ: What should I do after a Little Rock car accident?
As a Little Rock car accident lawyer, I receive many questions from people every day. One of these is regarding what to do after a car accident. Emotions, physical pain, and confusion can easily cloud your judgment. There are certain things you can to do protect yourself and your interests. Please review the following tips of things you should do after a car accident.
These tips are generally suited to an accident that does not involve serious or life-threatening injuries or when 911 has already been called.
1. Stay at the scene. You should never leave the scene of an accident; regardless of how minor it might be. Even when you are not injured, you should make sure that everyone else involved is tended to. If you leave the scene of a car accident, you may need a lawyer to defend you against criminal charges and penalties.
2. Secure the scene. As long as you are physically capable of doing so, and you’re not putting yourself at risk, try to secure the scene. You can do this by leaving your flashers on, setting up flares, or using some kind of reflective device to indicate the accident.
3. Call the police. If there were injuries, 911 should have already been called. Some accidents will not involve the police so you may want to call them and ask them to come out. Your insurance company and a Little Rock car accident lawyer will very likely need a police report to make a claim for damage or personal injuries.
4. Try to keep the vehicles where they are. Unless the vehicles are directly interfering with traffic, you should keep them where they are. If you have to move them, it is recommended to take many pictures first.
5. Give a detailed record to police. Tell the police everything that happened to the best of your ability. If you don’t know the answer to their question or have forgotten certain facts, be honest. Avoid guessing or speculating. If police ask whether or not you are injured and you don’t know, tell them you’re not sure rather than saying no. This is because injuries are not always immediate. Some can be felt hours or days after the accident. Remember you can always call a lawyer while you wait for police to arrive.
6. Take pictures. Use your phone or a camera to take pictures of the:
You can also take pictures of your injuries and anything else that may be relevant. More will always be better in this situation and can be useful for a Little Rock lawyer should you proceed with any type of legal matter.
7. Exchange information. The police officer will likely gather all the necessary information. However, you can also calmy ask for the name, address, phone, and insurance details of those involved. You may want to also get the contact details of witnesses so your lawyer can contact them if needed.
8. Tell your insurance company. Your policy will likely require you to report an accident as soon as possible. Be cautious in what you say, and if you’re at all unsure about this process, please contact a car accident lawyer Little Rock clients recommend from Harrelson Law Firm.
9. Seek medicare care. Even if you have no visible injuries you should seek medical attention as quickly as possible. Minor accidents can still cause serious or permanent injuries to the spine, neck, head, and organs. If you lost consciousness or felt dazed, you could have a head injury. Please do not underestimate this step. Get treated.
10. Keep an organized file. Make sure you put all of the documentation, contact details, pictures, medical records, and any receipts in a safe place.
Protect Your Rights. Call a Little Rock Car Accident Lawyer
Insurance companies might seek to settle with you as soon as possible. However, they might also give you much less than what you really deserve. Whether your car has been totaled, you have been seriously injured, or are being denied a claim, a lawyer can provide you with advice on what to do next. Call a car accident lawyer in Little Rock now for a free consultation.